Snow (Hey Oh)

Posted by: amy,


It's really amazing what one badly timed snow storm can do to plans. Today may be completely different now due to the musings of the parentals on the safety of going anywhere in particular. I just hope I will still be able to see the show.

I can't particularly blame snow for any deviation in my day. I haven't seen so much snow in years, if not over a decade. It's been falling at a decent clip all morning, and at one point I thought it was dying out in warmth, but then it started to fall faster. I don't know what it is that makes snow so much more magical than rain. It is, after all, the same thing but colder. I like watching rain, but snow just seems mesmerizing as if I were looking out my window and my house sat in a snow globe. I suppose that's due to it being so rare and that makes it special because I never see it. I've been to snow covered places several times, with inches, if not a foot, of snow covering most things up north. I've never been able to see the creation of that snow though, just minimal flurries except during the '93 blizzard, of which I was probably too young to care to stay in one place long enough to really watch. I just did a little research on it, and the storm struck one day after my birthday. Now it's less than 2 weeks away. I guess March is the month of snow to Alabama?

It feels surreal. All in all, it's been a pretty awesome week, even though there's been slight kinks in pretty much everything I've tried to do. I suppose that's just how life goes. I do know on any wise that I need to find out what I'm doing during the summer besides take classes. I want to work full time... The new HR manager for the office will be working with us in a few weeks and there is no telling what he'll want changed or what he wants to stay. I am only on an internship, which technically they don't have to keep me after May.... It would be pretty lame to have to find a new company when I like this one as much as I do. I don't know where else I would want to work. I suppose everything works out for the best, but I still want to move out and all of that and there is no way that I could do so working part time or at least on so few hours. I probably shouldn't work full time and try to go to school anyway, especially taking so many hours in class. This semester I kinda wish I would have taken at least another class because even though I'm taking 18 hours, the majority of the classes are easy. It hasn't been terribly time consuming even though most classes require stuff for every class. I can't scrummage up a ton of interest in a lot of the projects, just the general attention to detail I put into pretty much anything I do.

I really don't feel like working on anything right now, even though I probably should go ahead and get a head start on next week or at least go through the practice GMAT I took last weekend. That's definitely going to take some attention to get it to turn out like I'd like it to but I think I should be able to progress. I'm kinda pulled in all directions. Do I look for companies that I may want to work for; do I look at grad schools; do I dedicate time to the delightfully dreaded GMAT; do I take classes this summer; do I shadow as many people as possible in various jobs I'm interested in (Tomorrow meeting with my mentor with hope to shadow him over Spring Break which just happens to be my birthday week!). I just don't know what to focus on. Right now, I'm trying to focus on everything, and it's slightly overloading my brain.

For now, dedication to relaxation and snow. Later will be everything else.


0

 
photo

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Integer massa. Duis vel libero vitae leo placerat blandit. Sed a nisi ac turpis facilisis facilisis. Pellentesque ut enim. Nam mollis ante. Quisque a eros. Fusce rutrum. Donec suscipit lobortis turpis.

@Tue 24 Feb, 2009 20:16Green Banner: 24 February, 2009Green Banner Vector Graphic http://tinyurl.com/an5ptx

Template and Icons by DryIcons.com