Fall Trends: an overview

Posted by: amy,

Fall is here, and with it the new trends and looks that inspire a legion of women to look silly. I have worked hard to find the cutest trend inspired items of the season. First, let's sift through the trend sand to see what's out there.

1. Biker trendy (according to one mag I read, more aptly titled the look "the L word")

  • This look is complete with tons of leather, chains, zippers, harsh lines, gloves, and overall black zeal. Not so me.

2. Geometry lesson

  • Crazy shoulder shapes, triangle bodice sillouettes, and lots of hard angles. Reminds me of Blade Runner. That's a good/bad thing.

3. Neon lights

  • The colors of the seasons previous have been bold and unique, but the switch is to the brightest, most fab colors possible. Be prepared to be blinded by the top designers. So... Can't lie. Love this.

4. Animal print

  • Nothing new. Honestly a little bored with the animal print but I can't say it isn't fun.

5. Gray

  • Again, kind of a normal thing in the fall these past few years. But paired with one neon item (or a few) and that'll shake things up a bit. Also, have to admit I like the gray eye look.

Anyway, so now the fun part. My favorite items for the fall season, complete with pictures.

1. Christian Louboutin Suede Over The Knee Boot in Purple at your local Saks Fifth Avenue. If you have a mere 2k to blow on a pair of boots, I salute you (as well as laugh because that's pretty ridiculous,) Oh Christian. Why must you taunt us.

Christian Louboutin Suede over the Knee Boots
I think my favorite outerwear designer is Sunner. I particularly love the Sunner Navy Wool-Cashmere "Calgary" Ruffle Short Coat on Bluefly. It's austere, yet feminine. Good mix of power.Photobucket


0

 
photo

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Integer massa. Duis vel libero vitae leo placerat blandit. Sed a nisi ac turpis facilisis facilisis. Pellentesque ut enim. Nam mollis ante. Quisque a eros. Fusce rutrum. Donec suscipit lobortis turpis.

@Tue 24 Feb, 2009 20:16Green Banner: 24 February, 2009Green Banner Vector Graphic http://tinyurl.com/an5ptx

Template and Icons by DryIcons.com