Je ne t'aime plus

Posted by: amy,

So... Manu Chao is awesome.

That was my public service announcement for today, which has gone pretty awesomely so far, even if I'm sitting here waiting for tutees to show up while being really bored.

1sts: I learned why Dad never let us get driven around by a bunch of random dudes in high school. Poor loaner car.

I ate at Maki Fresh. It was pretty good but not exceptional. The crunch maki was nice... I feel bad for never using wasabi on my sushi... Guilt. Sushi makes me feel guilty. That's really retarded. The sauce that came with it though was delicious, and a tad spicy. Seems just right.

I tried Edamame though... I didn't know you were supposed to pull the beans out. After eating one whole and deciding it tasted like a pile of strings from string beans, which of course I hate, Nick let me in on the secret. Don't eat the whole thing... Just the seeds inside. Brilliant, I know. Maybe I should ask people before I do things, expecting my actions to make sense or be logical seems to be a problem. Maybe that's some social knack that I never picked up... What more important reasons for etiquette classes are there? Too bad I can't find any available except for the business ones that only explain that we aren't supposed to apply lipstick at the dinner table and what not to wear with striped socks. I've gathered that beforehand; the girls at Kickoff did seem pretty cool for breaking the lipstick rule. General disinterested improprieties of common social behavior are pretty hot I think. I don't think, however, that includes spilling water on myself, or having my cheeks puffed out with water while waiting for the elevator, and someone just so happens to be in said elevator really counts as hot social disinterest. I'll have to work on that.

This week has been really fun, but pretty complex. My schedule will end up relaxing a bit, but right now is when everybody wants to be tutored and everyone wants homework and readings and so on. I was told today by Kristi that I would be able to do more hours than the 10 that she thought would be fine before. This is great news, except for the fact that I tried to fill in the empty holes here at Trio. And at present, I have about 10 random people looking for help and some of them are in classes I have absolutely no memory of. I guess relearning stats 1 will be beneficial... Happy 21 hours of classes to me. I suspect this is vaguely ironic because I do turn 21 in March... I at least won't be taking any tests for my students. Sigh of relief right there. I hate how I memorize things and they just slowly dissipate into no where. I especially abhor my memory when it comes to names and faces... I tried repeating these girls names that I met last Sunday in my head and trying to match them to their names, and the only name I remember is the first one that told me. I guess I'll have to keep working on that.


0

 
photo

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Integer massa. Duis vel libero vitae leo placerat blandit. Sed a nisi ac turpis facilisis facilisis. Pellentesque ut enim. Nam mollis ante. Quisque a eros. Fusce rutrum. Donec suscipit lobortis turpis.

@Tue 24 Feb, 2009 20:16Green Banner: 24 February, 2009Green Banner Vector Graphic http://tinyurl.com/an5ptx

Template and Icons by DryIcons.com