Teacher... Here's Johnny!

Posted by: amy,

We took a personality test in Business Honors last week and went through our results. I was oddly nervous about what I would be this time in the Myers Briggs personality test, because I kept getting different results when I was in different moods. I knew what I am basically, and I didn't want to be known as any of the other personalities that I had gotten when I was out of the ordinary moods, very focused, or very flighty and subdued.

Here is my psychological type and some description about what it means:

E (Extroversion) - oriented to the outer world, focusing on people and things, active, using trial and error with confidence, and scanning the environment for stimulation.

N (Intuitive Perception) - Perceiving with memory and associations, seeing patterns and meanings, seeing possibilities, projecting possibilities for the future, imagining; 'reading between the lines', looking for the big picture, having hunches; 'ideas out of no where', and letting the mind tell the eyes.

F (Feeling Judgment) - Applying personal priorities, weighing human values and motives, my own and others, appreciating, valuing warmth in relationships, and prizing harmony; trusting.

J (Judging) - Using thinking or feeling judgment outwardly, deciding and planning, organizing and scheduling, controlling and regulating, goal oriented, wanting closure, even when data are incomplete.

All together, these letters comprise ENFJ, and we were given brief descriptions about what all of the letters together meant.

ENFJ = Imaginative harmonizers, workers with people; expressive, orderly, opinionated, conscientious; curious about new ideas or possibilities. Having extroverted feeling as their strongest mental process, they are at their best when responsible for winning people's cooperation with caring insight into their needs. They value:
-Having a wide circle of relationships
- Having a positive, enthusiastic viewpoint of life
- Seeing subtleties in people and interactions
- Understanding others' needs and concerns
- An active, energizing social life
- Seeing possibilities in people
- Thorough follow-through on important projects
- Working on several projects at once
- Caring and imaginative problem solving
- Maintaining relationships to make things work
- Shaping organizations to better serve members
-Sociability and responsiveness
- Structured learning in a humane setting
- Caring, compassionate, and tactfulness
- Appreciation as the natural means of encouraging improvements

All in all, I feel this description is an extremely good fit for me. It touches on random aspects of who I am so vividly that I was pretty shocked at the level of specificity.

There was also a smaller description as follows: Leads by facilitating, helping others plan and cooperate to meet goals, influences by clarifying processes by which goals can be met, and focus is on encouraging others in building consensus.

How awesome! I did disagree with the coaching needs for this profile though which are as follows: Not getting down to business (... Definitely not me.), Taking criticism personally (Only time I care about this is when it's someone I really look up to and the phrasing is done in a very negative way.), becoming bossy or over zealous (I have felt this way before but I would never speak out in a manner that could be construed in this way.), and trying too hard for win-win, harmony (Been there, learned not to do it by now. Oddly enough, managing people on this site I used to be pretty dedicated to fixed all desire to make everyone happy. I am totally not falling for that one again.)

I have to write a paper about all of this stuff relating to my personality. I really don't feel like talking about myself in that way, but this post was to aid my logic and hopefully it has made the process seem more interesting. I think it has. I still wish the title to the personality type was something like... Commander of Everything, instead of Teacher. There seriously was one of the personality types listed as Mastermind. How colorful teacher is compared to that? Come on people? Make it fun and exciting to be a part of my fun and exciting personality type! I'll have to email the official Myers Briggs crew.


0

 
photo

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Integer massa. Duis vel libero vitae leo placerat blandit. Sed a nisi ac turpis facilisis facilisis. Pellentesque ut enim. Nam mollis ante. Quisque a eros. Fusce rutrum. Donec suscipit lobortis turpis.

@Tue 24 Feb, 2009 20:16Green Banner: 24 February, 2009Green Banner Vector Graphic http://tinyurl.com/an5ptx

Template and Icons by DryIcons.com